Monday, June 6, 2011

Waterslides and Finger painting!!

What do you do when summer has just begun and it is 100 degrees outside??  That’s right!!....break out the waterslide!  We had a lot of fun with this while celebrating our niece's 4th birthday!  

Julia and Daddy K!  She has no idea how much fun she is in for!!!



haha....there was no easing into it!!!  Kevin just let her go!!  It looks like she is trying to hang on for dear life!!



No worries....she wanted to go again, and again, and again!!



haha...that expression is priceless!!!  I love it!! 



You know it's time to get out when the teeth are chattering!!  


Once our wet and wild afternoon settled down it was time to break out the figerpaints!!  I love love loveeee to fingerpaint!!  I loved it as a kid, and I still love it now!!  There is just something about having a gooey colorful mess at the tips of your fingers ready to create anything your little heart desires!!  

Today we are making handprints with our paint!!   I have been taking handprints of Julia since she was 6 months old, in hopes of making some sort of art later down the road!  Today it was time for the 20 month handprint!!!

Julia's tiny little hand in a bowl full of white paint!!  



Normally we have to try this multiple times, but it looks like we have a winner here!!!  Thanks Daddy K for the assistance!!



Yep!!  Worked on the first try!!



I couldn't let her stop with the just the handprint!  It's time to get messy!!


ohhh, the concentration!!!  We have a little artist in the making!!


I now have 4 handprints of Julia....6 months, 9 months, 12 months, and 20 months....(it should have been 18 months but I was a little forgetful!!)  oh well......

I did each print on a different color paper and I dated each at the bottom!  There are thousands of ways you can display this!  I like the one above because it is very simple and clean!  Soon, I will buy matching frames so it will have more a "finished" look.....



here is another fun way to display your art!  Just hang twine across your wall and clip the handprints to it!  So easy!!









  

2 comments: