Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sweet Heat Goodness!!

It's pretty much mandatory in our family to cook out for the 4th!!  For the most part we usually have the standard...hot dogs, hamburgers, and baked bean type of meal....and don't get me wrong.....I LOVEE all of those foods, however this year we decided to change it up a little bit....we added a little extra goodness to our plate !!  Sweet Heat Shrimp!!.....and ohhhh how sweet it is!!!!  If you taste one, you will find yourself NEEDING more and more and more!!....get ready for the addiction!!!  It's a good one to have!!!




Step ONE:  Buy fresh or frozen shrimp.  We went the easy route and bought pre-cooked frozen shrimp!  Thaw them out, and skewer them up!!  We only had four skewers so as you can see we packed those bad boys as close together as we could!!!  Lightly salt and pepper them......




Step TWO:  Next create the special sauce!!  Daddy K and I just made this up as we went....I have no proportions for you (sorry)  We simply kept adding ingredients until it tasted good!! (That's usually how we roll in the kitchen!!)  We mixed together.....Olive Oil, Butter, Frank's Sweet Heat Pepper Sauce, Honey, and Garlic Powder......





Step THREE:  Throw your skewers onto to grill!  Shrimp does not need long to cook, so you need to work fast!!  Take your grill brush, and evenly coat the shrimp with our special sweet heat sauce!!




Step FOUR:  Flip the shrimp then repeat the glazing process!!  After each skewer is coated well, they should be ready to come off of the grill!  


And that is it!!  So simple, yet so satisfying!!!  To recap....here is our ingredient list......

Olive Oil
Butter
Frank's Sweet Heat Pepper Sauce
Honey
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Fresh or Frozen Shrimp


Did you cook anything special for the 4th??


P.S..... To see the parties I am linking to go HERE



21 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing - will have to try it this weekend. Our 10 year old is a seafood freak.

    We make fresh blueberry iced tea - simple and yet so sublime. I heat a cup of frozen blueberries with 2 cups water, after about 7 minutes I add 4/5 tea bags (our fave is the decaf Darjeeling, any brand), bring to a boil then let simmer 4 minutes. Strain into container with 1/2 cup sugar more water and ice cubes - refreshing! I add lemonade for the kids in a separate pitcher. It doesn't look blue, of course, but the red is so pretty. xoxo michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! The Carolina girl in me cannot wait to try this one, next week at the beach! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so yummy!!! i love shrimp:) thanks so much for linking at the Tell me Tuesday party!!!
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a bunch for the super sweet comment, it made my day! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds amazing! We're all big fans of shrimp and a little heat ... I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saving this one! Never thought of adding buffalo sauce with honey, but it's genius! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply yummy! Like the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recipe looks so good. I would love it if you came over to my party "Cast Party Wednesday" tomorrow and shared some of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I followed you over from the Pajama Party. Your shrimp recipe sounds so yummy and your daughter is just precious. I am your newest follower and hope you will stop by for a visit sometime.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks tasty. I didn't cook anything special for the 4th. But, I didn't burn anything which is an accomplishment for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmm... looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe... bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for linking up to Sew Woodsy today. Unfortunately, we are an all craft party and I had to remove your link. If you have a craft project you'd like to share we'd love for you to link that up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look SO good, thanks for sharing! I will definitely be saving this recipe!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUMMM. My favorite of all is seafood. Thank you for sharing this and for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just made this shrimp for dinner tonight and it was sooo good! I am going to share the recipe on my blog and will link back to you. I am so glad to find this yummy recipe--thank you!

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy, shrimp are my favorite! Those recipes that you just add till it tastes right, are always the best! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up with us!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! I love shrimp! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey girl! I featured this on tell me tuesday:)thanks for linkin and feel free to come grab a button!!!
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I just wanted to thank you for visiting Cast Party Wednesday and I hope you join me again tomorrow and share more of your great recipes!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete