Just because football is over doesn't mean the grilling stops!! Daddy K pulled out one of our favorite recipes this weekend.....Beer Can Chicken......
Now isn't that a beautiful site.....It's very easy and inexpensive to make....
1 whole chicken
1 bottle of Italian salad dressing
3 Beers of your choice
Seasoning Rub - Salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, paprika,
1. Rinse and clean out the chicken
2. Place chicken in tall container
3. Pour in entire bottle of Italian salad dressing, 1 bottle of beer (we used a belgian white) If that mixture does not cover the entire chicken, mix in water until it is completely submerged.
4. Place container in fridge for 4-6 hours....the longer the better
5. Light your charcoal on one side of the grill for indirect cooking
6. Open a can of beer and start drinking....Only half
7. Take the chicken out of it's container and rub with the seasonings listed above, then slide the chicken onto the can of beer
8. Set the chicken on the side of the grill without charcoal
9. Close the lid on the grill and cook until it reaches 170 or 180 (1-1.2 hours)
10. Enjoy the remainder of the beer while the chicken is grilling...a little cornhole won't hurt either!!
Happy Grilling!! I hope you enjoy!!
To see the parties I'm linking to go HERE!!!