Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolution??....I don't think so!!

I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions....not because I don't like starting fresh come the new year, it's mainly because I don't like disappointing myself come January 3rd!!  Therefore, this year I am setting a New Year's GOAL!  There is far less pressure meeting a "goal" rather than holding up a resolution for 365 days....do you agree??    Well this year's goal is a big one....one that will take a lot of work, a lot of time, and a LOT of Daddy K's help!!  My 2012 New Year's Goal is to create a CRAFT ROOM!!!  That's right Daddy K!!  Get out your hammer, nails, and table saw....we have a lot of work to do!!  This is what I'm envisioning......  


A work desk set up in the middle of the room, with lots of natural light pouring in!!



oh the organization!!  This is a must have!  I am also loving this wall color!



shelves, shelves, and more shelves....I love how they frame the window!!



I would LOVE to have an entire cork wall to hang ideas/inspiration images...and ohhhh the dress form!!!  I need a dress form!!!



Now that you have a good idea of what I'm going for, maybe I should back up a few steps and show you what we have to work with!!  You may need to sit down for this!!  I wasn't kidding when I said we have a lot of work to do!!  In our basement, there is a perfectly sized room that has been framed out....It has "Jessica's Craft Room" written alllll over it!!  However it is VERY unfinished.....the walls need to be sheetrocked, floors stained, ceiling dropped in....etc.etc.etc......

See what I mean....!!!  A finished wall would be nice here don't ya think!!  :)  At least the electrical outlets are there!!



This has been our "junk" room for about 5 years now!



There is a perfect little window in the center of the room!!



Here is the ceiling!!  isn't it beautiful!!



and the floors.....I think a nice stain would do!  maybe even a pattern added in!


Now you can see why I wanted to make this my "Goal!"  I will have ALL year to work on it, and if it doesn't get completed, I will not be disappointed!  I can look back at the the progress made and be completely satisfied!!  It's a win-win situation...Except for Daddy K....I'm not sure if he knows exactly what he is getting into!!  :)   But hey...there are actually benefits for him too.....he will no longer have to put up with my "working progress mess" that is all over the house!  That sounds fair right??   Wish us luck!!  I will be sure to keep you updated with the progress!






3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this goal!! I am so with you...every time I do a craft my entire house gets taken over, it would be so nice to have a room for it! :) I think your room has amazing potential...can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO, Do it and good luck. The process is always the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your inspiration photos are fabulous. It makes me want a craft room and I don't even craft. :) go do it!

    ReplyDelete