Monday, September 19, 2011

Serious Cuteness....Round Three!!!

Do you remember a few months back when I made this little beauty??....
If you didn't catch that tutorial you can see it HERE!!  It was my first attempt at 3D decoupaging!! It took a lot of time and a lot of experimenting, but it was well worth every minute!! What you may have forgotten was that this was only ONE of THREE that I made!!    




TA-DAAA!  I not only created the flower, I also did a tree and a sun!  They each turned out fantastic!!!  Just to recap....My friend Angie is reworking her twin girls room!  She wants custom, colorful, large pieces of art!  So this project is for her!!  




I decoupaged the background of this just like the flower!  (Go HERE!! if you need a reminder)  For the actual tree, I tore pieces of paper, then wrinkled them before decoupaging them down!  I wanted to give the tree a more realistic, textured look!  I then added a few birds and flowers to give the art a more colorful appearance!




Here is a better view of the wrinkled paper!  And if you look closely, I added a very special detail to this piece of art.....I took a few twigs and glued them on top of the tree to add more visual interest!





Here you can see the twigs more clearly!  I simply hot glued them down and prayed that they would stay! hah   So far so good!!





Here is the sun!  I really loved the idea of mixing orange and pink together, therefore I decoupaged the background with torn pink paper, and the sun with torn orange paper!





This art doesn't have any 3D elements to it.  I did however add a few buttons for extra interest!





And here are the 3 final pieces hanging!!  They each turned out perfectly!  Angie, I hope your girls are loving their art!!!  


To see my LINK PARTIES go HERE!!!

10 comments:

  1. I love these! So creative and so pretty! Nice job!

    Emily

    www.mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these what a great idea!! I am pinning them so I can do some of my own for my little girls room. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would LOVE it if you would link this project up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/09/turquoise-lovin-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Cute idea! If you get a chance, I'd love you to link up! (http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/09/everyone-wins-giveaway-linky-party.html.) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great. I love the texture you've added to already good looking artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great. I love this kind if project and we've been doing them quite a bit at home. I think I want to try your sun art. Love those buttons. Great touch!
    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come Fine me on A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are gorgeous! You are so creative and talented. That will look great in a kids room. I am a new follower from Blue Cricket Design. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, you are SO talented! I am super impressed by how it turned out! Beautiful job! And thank you very much for sharing this Show & Share! I am so happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the inspiration! I saw this on Craft-O-Maniac. I especially love the tree. I think it would be fun to do one with fall leaves.

    ReplyDelete